Bideford Bowling Club was founded in 1889. It has been located adjacent to The Strand, Bideford since the early thirties and is now known colloquially as ‘Bideford Strand Bowling Club’. It is owned by the members and has been a mixed club since 1997.
Throughout the outdoor bowling season the club has a very busy schedule. Games at Club, County and National level ensure that members have the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive selection of home and away games, ranging from friendly to competitive.
Short mat bowling is available during the winter months for present and approved past outdoor bowling members.
We give a high priority to ensuring that all our visitors are given a warm welcome and an enjoyable time whilst with us.
New members are always assured of a friendly welcome. Experienced bowlers and those new to the game will be given every assistance to ensure that they obtain the maximum benefits from the activities in which they choose to participate.